Paz Ashdod Refinery
Scope of work
- Complete engineering services
- Detailed design
- Process engineering
- Start up
530 m3/d of deionized water
By 2009, PAZ Ashdod Refinery decided to give the go-ahead for an second power plant. The CO-GEN 2, dual-fuel fired 60MW Gas Turbine Generator was to be connected to an Energy Recovery Heat Exchanger.
The co-generation plant consumes treated and demineralized water at its main gas turbine, which is equipped with a water-injection system for boosting power generation and lowering the NOx emission of the plant.
The new deionized water plant provides treated water for its gas-turbine injection system and for other internal needs.
- Conductivity lower than 0.1 μs/cm and silica below 0.05 ppm
- Double RO pass desalination and continuous electro-deionization (CEDI) polishing units
- 190,000 m³/year plant produces pure water for boiler feed
- High recovery ratio and maximum water reuse
- Compliance with the most stringent refinery standards
- Automatic and easy-to-operate system designed for unattended operation